A naming ceremony is a great alternative to a christening which is usually held in the church. It is a wonderful opportunity to welcome your baby or young child into the world surrounded by your family and friends, who come together to share your hopes and dreams for your child's future. The venue or location for the ceremony can be anywhere you choose with no restriction on time.
These ceremonies can also be adapted for adoption, to welcome children of any age into the family or even a new name celebration. In fact there are many reasons why people choose to have a Naming Ceremony:
- A change of gender is becoming a popular reason for an adult to have a Naming Ceremony.
- After a divorce has happened and the person has changed their name.
- Naming Ceremonies can happen during an Adoption Ceremony
- Change of Faith, is also a reason for people having a Naming Ceremony.
- To launch a new business
Naming Ceremonies cost and package includes:
· Discovery Call – Let’s chat!
· A Ceremony Questionnaire
· Professional and Individually crafted ceremony scripting
· Regular reviews and revisions
· Unlimited contact throughout process
· Consultation on music, timing and photography
· Your Naming Ceremony officiated by myself
· Naming Certificate
· A copy of your ceremony script for you to cherish
* Additional costs may include:
Travel outside of 30 miles radius of SR4, Sunderland. Additional miles charged at 45p per mile
Additional Face to Face meetings
Themed outfits/Cosplay, if required.
Any props, if required.
Accommodation, if required.
Any additional costs will be discussed and agreed in writing prior to the balance payment being due.
If you wished to proceed, a £100 non refundable booking fee is payable to secure the date/booking. The balance will be due a minimum of 4 weeks before your date, before I deliver the first draft of your script.
The process/What to expect…
· Initial calls/emails to answer any questions you have about my services.
· Booking is made and your booking fee paid.
· Discovery call (approx. 15-20mins) – let’s chat all about your plans, so I can get a feel for your vision.
· I will then provide you with a questionnaire and ask you to fill this out privately in your own time which will help me create your personalised and meaningful ceremony script.
· Once you return the questionnaire (usually 4 weeks prior to your day) I will spent some time getting a better understand of your family and I’ll ask any question I have. At this point the final payment will be due (minimum 4 weeks before). I will then craft a fully individual ceremony script that can include space for poems and readings, religious or non religious content and any other symbolic additions you may like to include such as sand ceremony or candle lighting for example. There can be as many revisions and tweaks as required to make sure it perfectly represents you as a couple.
· On the day, I will be there approximately 45mins-1hr before should you wish to finalise any details or go over anything and I will be there to calm any nerves!