A naming ceremony is a great alternative to a christening which is usually held in the church. It is a wonderful opportunity to welcome your baby or young child into the world surrounded by your family and friends, who come together to share your hopes and dreams for your child's future. The venue or location for the ceremony can be anywhere you choose with no restriction on time.
These ceremonies can also be adapted for adoption, to welcome children of any age into the family or even a new name celebration. In fact there are many reasons why people choose to have a Naming Ceremony:
- A change of gender is becoming a popular reason for an adult to have a Naming Ceremony.
- After a divorce has happened and the person has changed their name.
- Naming Ceremonies can happen during an Adoption Ceremony
- Change of Faith, is also a reason for people having a Naming Ceremony.
- To launch a new business
Naming Ceremonies cost:
· Let’s chat!
· A Ceremony Questionnaire
· Professional and Individually crafted ceremony scripting
· Regular reviews and revisions
· Unlimited contact via email, phone, or Zoom throughout the process
· Consultation on music, timings, and photography and the ceremony 'choreography'
· Your Naming Ceremony officiated by myself
· Naming Certificate
· A copy of your ceremony script for you to cherish
* Additional costs may include:
Travel outside of 30 miles radius of SR4, Sunderland. Charged at £20 fee plus mileage charged at 45p per mile
Additional Face to Face meetings, from £25
Themed outfits/Cosplay, if required, charged at cost
Any props, if required, charged at cost
Accommodation, if required, usually closest Premier Inn/Travelodge
Any additional costs will be discussed and agreed upon in writing and either invoiced separately or added to your final balance.
If you wish to proceed, a £100 non-refundable booking fee is payable to secure the date/booking. The balance will be due approximately 4 weeks before your ceremony date, before I deliver the first draft of your script.
The process/What to expect…
· Initial calls/emails to answer any questions you have about booking.
· Booking is made and your booking fee paid.
· I will then provide you with a questionnaire and ask you to fill this out privately in your own time that will help me create your personalised and meaningful ceremony script.
· Once you return the questionnaire I will then craft a fully individual ceremony script that can include space for poems and readings, religious or non-religious content and any other symbolic additions you may like to include such as hand-fasting or candle lighting for example. There can be as many revisions and tweaks as required to make sure it perfectly represents you as a couple.
· I will ensure a detailed and thorough plan will be provided so everyone feels comfortable knowing what they are doing on the day.
· On the day, I will be there to help co-ordinate the ceremony and arrive before guests to ensure everything is set up and to calm any nerves!