Looking for a fun, unique and unforgettable wedding ceremony? I work with couples to create something truly unique, from the vows to the exchange of the rings. Your wedding ceremony will be a reflection of your one-of-a-kind love story.
The benefits of a Celebrant led wedding…
· A unique Wedding Ceremony that has true significance for you as a couple as traditional options that are often restricted by law, formality and set around a standardised template.
· The chance to have your Wedding Ceremony in any chosen location and at any time of the day. Whether outside, in a tipi or in a castle. With so many hidden gems, stunning private estates, beautiful outdoor locations including parks, beaches and waterfalls you can let your imagination run wild.
· I only have one wedding a day giving you complete freedom over timings and schedules! No need to rush, or keep to the standard 20 minute time frame.
· I’m on hand to give you ideas and inspiration for your Wedding Ceremony. You may choose to add a hand fasting, sand ceremony, religious or cultural content to give your service that added personality. You may wish to include your family, friends and guests in different elements. The choice is yours!
· The registrar is a stranger on the day. You are highly unlikely to know which registrar will arrive to conduct your ceremony. (I didn’t like ours when we got married many years ago!)
‘The Legal Bit’…
Currently a Celebrant in England cannot perform the ‘legal’ bit of the ceremony (although this can be staged as part of your ceremony, but will not be lawful).
The legal part of the wedding, which includes declamatory words, contracting words and the signing of the marriage register, must take place at a registry office in the presence of two witnesses before or after the ceremony.
Wedding cost and package includes:
· Discovery Call – Let’s chat wedding’s!
· A Ceremony Questionnaire
· Professional and Individually crafted ceremony scripting
· Regular reviews and revisions
· Unlimited contact throughout process
· Wedding rehearsal (subject to availability) and ceremony venue planning
· Consultation on music, timing and photography
· Your Wedding Ceremony officiated by myself
· Wedding Certificate
· A copy of your ceremony script for you to cherish
* Additional costs may include:
Travel outside of 30 miles radius of SR4, Sunderland. Additional miles charged at 45p per mile
Additional Face to Face meetings
Themed outfits/Cosplay, if required.
Any props, if required.
Accommodation, if required.
Any additional costs will be discussed and agreed in writing prior to the balance payment being due.
If you wished to proceed, a £100 non refundable booking fee is payable to secure the date/booking. The balance will be due a minimum of 6 weeks before your wedding date, before I deliver the first draft of your script.
The process/What to expect…
· Initial calls/emails to answer any questions the couple have about booking.
· Booking is made and your booking fee paid.
· Discovery call (approx. 30-45mins) – let’s chat all about your wedding and your plans, so I can get a feel for your vision.
· I will then provide you with a questionnaire and ask you to fill this out privately in your own time. Questions such as ‘What marriage means to you?’ and ‘What are your most memorable times together?’ will help me create your personalised and meaningful ceremony script.
· Once you return the questionnaire (usually 6 months prior to your day) I will spend some time getting a better understanding of you both and I’ll ask any question I have. At this point, the final payment will be due (minimum 6 weeks before). I will then craft a fully individual ceremony script that can include space for poems and readings, religious or non-religious content and any other symbolic additions you may like to include such as hand-fasting or candle lighting for example. There can be as many revisions and tweaks as required to make sure it perfectly represents you as a couple.
· I will ensure a detailed and thorough plan will be provided so everyone feels comfortable knowing what they are doing on the day.
· On the day, I will be there to help co-ordinate the ceremony and arrive before guests to ensure everything is set up and to calm any nerves!
Master of Ceremonies
Sometimes you just need another pair of a hands on the day overseeing all the little details. I also offer a Master of Ceremonies service, this includes
Announcing who should be in the formal group photos
Announcing that dinner is served
Welcoming the couple into the dining area
Introducing the speeches
Announcing the cutting of the cake
Introducing the first dance
One the first dance has happened I will slip away to allow you to celebrate on into the night!
As a bolt on this is an additional £150.
If you are wanting my services as Master of Ceremonies separately the cost is £250