Looking for a fun, unique and unforgettable wedding ceremony? I work with couples to create something truly unique, from the vows to the exchange of the rings. Your wedding ceremony will be a reflection of your one-of-a-kind love story.
The benefits of a Celebrant led wedding…
· A unique Wedding Ceremony that has true significance for you as a couple.
· The chance to have your Wedding Ceremony in any chosen location and at any time of the day. Whether outside, in a tipi, or in a castle. With so many hidden gems, stunning private estates, beautiful outdoor locations including parks, beaches, and waterfalls you can let your imagination run wild.
· I only have one wedding a day giving you complete freedom over timings and schedules! No need to rush, or keep to the standard 20 minute time frame.
· I’m on hand to give you ideas and inspiration for your Wedding Ceremony. You may choose to add a hand fasting, sand ceremony, religious or cultural content to give your service that added personality. You may wish to include your family, friends, and guests in different elements. The choice is yours!
· The registrar is a stranger on the day. You are highly unlikely to know which registrar will arrive to conduct your ceremony. (I didn’t like ours when we got married many years ago!)
‘The Legal Bit’…
Currently, a Celebrant in England cannot perform the ‘legal’ bit of the ceremony (although this can be staged as part of your ceremony, but will not be lawful).
The legal part of the wedding, which includes declamatory words, contracting words, and the signing of the marriage register, must take place at a registry office in the presence of two witnesses before or after the ceremony.
· Let’s chat!
· A Ceremony Questionnaire
· Professional and Individually crafted ceremony scripting
· Regular reviews and revisions
· One in-person meeting, often with coffee and cake!
· Unlimited contact via email, phone, or Zoom throughout the process
· Consultation on music, timings, and photography and the ceremony 'choreography'
· Your Wedding Ceremony officiated by myself
· Wedding Certificate
· A copy of your ceremony script for you to cherish
* Additional costs may include:
Travel outside of 30 miles radius of SR4, Sunderland. Charged at £20 fee plus mileage charged at 45p per mile
Additional Face to Face meetings, from £25
Themed outfits/Cosplay, if required, charged at cost
Any props, if required, charged at cost
Accommodation, if required, usually closest Premier Inn/Travelodge
Any additional costs will be discussed and agreed upon in writing and either invoiced separately or added to your final balance.
If you wish to proceed, a £100 non-refundable booking fee is payable to secure the date/booking. The balance will be due approximately 6 weeks before your wedding date, before I deliver the first draft of your script.
The process/What to expect…
· Initial calls/emails to answer any questions you have about booking.
· Booking is made and your booking fee paid.
· I will then provide you with a questionnaire and ask you to fill this out privately in your own time that will help me create your personalised and meaningful ceremony script.
· Once you return the questionnaire I will then craft a fully individual ceremony script that can include space for poems and readings, religious or non-religious content and any other symbolic additions you may like to include such as hand-fasting or candle lighting for example. There can be as many revisions and tweaks as required to make sure it perfectly represents you as a couple.
· I will ensure a detailed and thorough plan will be provided so everyone feels comfortable knowing what they are doing on the day.
· On the day, I will be there to help co-ordinate the ceremony and arrive before guests to ensure everything is set up and to calm any nerves!
Master of Ceremonies
Sometimes you just need another pair of a hands on the day overseeing all the little details. I also offer a Master of Ceremonies service, this includes
Announcing who should be in the formal group photos
Announcing that dinner is served
Welcoming the couple into the dining area
Introducing the speeches
Announcing the cutting of the cake
Introducing the first dance
One the first dance has happened I will slip away to allow you to celebrate on into the night!
As a bolt on this is an additional £150.
If you are wanting my services as Master of Ceremonies separately the cost is £250